- RT @atlas_women: Fantastic that @PeterRobinMICT Rita Yip @sspowles have taken pledge to be bound by #ICC regulations on sexual haras… https://t.co/peiPucABVI
- RT @DoughtyStPublic: We have a stellar line-up for #IWD2018 #InternationalWomensDay next Sat, 3 March. Proud to welcome @MaggieOliverUK,… https://t.co/Ap8OAMZiEX
Doughty Street International (DSI) is a group of leading international lawyers with unrivalled expertise in advise and advocacy on all aspects of international law. DSI comprises the Public International Law, International Criminal Law, Private International Law, International Arbitration, and International Human Rights Law practitioners within Doughty Street Chambers, as well as internationally renowned legal academics who form Chambers’ Academic Panel. Doughty Street International is exceptional in that our team comprises international lawyers from all continents of the world with unique language skills and expertise in many different areas of the law.
We advise individuals, NGOs, Governments and international organisations on matters of international law. Areas of particular expertise include international extradition and the removal of Interpol red notices, business and human rights, money laundering regulations, death penalty litigation and counter-terrorism.
Doughty Street International is the first set of barristers' chambers to have an office in The Hague, the capital of international law. The opening of an office in The Hague in 2014 was a logical extension of Doughty Street's International law practice, which sees some members of chambers permanently based in The Hague with others regularly travelling there to appear before the many international courts and tribunals based in The Hague. The DSI office in The Hague provides support facilities for those members of chambers with practices in The Hague, as well as serving as a centre for seminars, research and other initiatives. On 1 September 2016, DSI moved to a new office in the centre of The Hague. Our new address is: Laan van Meerdervoort 70, 2517 AN The Hague.
Members are at the forefront of international litigation ranging from the international criminal courts and tribunals and regional human rights courts to cases before the International Court of Justice, the courts of the European Union and international arbitrations. Barristers are admitted to practice in other national jurisdictions, and regularly appear in the courts of Gibraltar, Hong Kong, Ireland, Singapore and many Caribbean states as well as other countries.
In addition to litigation and legal advice, team members regularly conduct advocacy and human rights training for judges, prosecutors and defence counsel as well as government officials, NGOs, police and military personnel around the globe. Doughty Street barristers have trained the British and US military, NATO, the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office and judges and lawyers in countries such as Afghanistan, Bahrain, Cameroon, Colombia, Libya, Nigeria, Oman, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
The characteristics that define Doughty Street International and enable us to achieve our aim can be described as:
Doughty Street International is unique.
- Expert - our barristers and international lawyers are acknowledged as leaders in their field.
- Intelligent - intellectual excellence is one of our principal recruitment yardsticks in order that we may provide the most in-depth, reliable and considered advice to our clients.
- Collegial - the team is more effective than the individual; by operating in teams of barristers and international lawyers who are expert in their area of legal practice, we can bring to bear substantial combined intellect and experience.
- Accountable - we recognise our clients’ investment in us, and both individually and as a team we deliver on our commitment to the client.
- Committed - to our aim and to providing a first-class service. Our team members come to Doughty Street International because they want to make a difference.